Sunday, April 1, 2012

Tribute to LET Passers: My Speech

I was browsing Facebook this pre-lunch, 11:10 to be exact, when Ms. Marideth Agravante asked me if I could share my feelings being a LET passer at this very event. I was hesitant, (in fact) very hesitant because I do not think I can give you something to inspire you. Nevertheless, nag-logout na siya! What can I do? Nasabi ko nalang, part na ini kang pagiging teacher! So, let me try… *inhale, exhale* I cannot feel anything! Nope, I was just kidding.

Prior to September 25, 2011 (My Preparations)

I want to pass the examination so I enrolled in a review center and sacrificed my weekends for those very tiring and mind-blowing meetings. I also bought a 2010 edition of LET Reviewer and tried to read all its content with understanding. I was also lucky because I was teaching General Science, Chemistry, Physics and Environmental Science; so it was a review every day for my major subject. However, there is one thing I did that helped me the most to survive that exam and we all call it FAITH. Faith in me that I can do it and faith to Him, our dear God, that he will guide me, give me strength, wisdom, and peace in that fight. Well I guess every preparation was worth it. At any rate, we are rewarded accordingly.
Let us skip the day of the examination… That was very tiring especially the major subject! It drains my mind there were maaaaany computations.

It was 9:30 PM of November 17, 2011 while I was with my co-teachers watching Praybeyt Benjamin when a message stopped my heart from beating for a few seconds. Finally, the LET results were disclosed to the public. I was nervous and a devil is whispering “Jerome, pagnag-bagsak ka nakakasupog, ano nalang ang mukhang iaatubang mo sa mga taong bisto ka?” That was not comforting so I tried to think clearly while my co-teacher was looking for my name and it was like BOOOOOOOOOM… There was 1831 Jerome CaƱa Begueja on the list. I was very happy and as if, I was released from a 20 years of imprisonment. Imagine? No, that was exaggeration.

The very first person that entered my mind was my mother so I sent her a message. A moment later, a reply came saying “PRAISE GOD!” That is my mom, she always gives thank to the Lord and perhaps that is her way of congratulating me. Before going to bed, I thanked God for that very wonderful gift.

Passing the LET is not a walk in the park, it is hard because if it is easy, why there are still those people who cannot pass the examination even after taking it for more than three times? Therefore, as a sort of advice to you future teachers “read, read, read, read, and read.” You will claim your prize for sure. Another thing, after graduating this noblest profession, immediately go through the exam and pass it. You need to be self-motivated; no one can help you during the examination but yourself. Sorry, I tried to look for more encouraging words but these are just the basics you need.

By the way, I want to thank all the teachers of the IDE/CDE for molding us and bringing out our best shots. Future teachers, you are all at safe hands.

Lastly, since I enrolled in a different review center I was required to take the Mac Board before allowing me to have my TOR. I failed that examination but I was still given certification if I will return to take the same exam again. The problem is I opt not to return. Now that I have passed the LET, am I still required to take the Mac Board? No! That is my way of thanking Mrs. Villaflor.

Before I end, let me leave you with the recipe of success told by William A. Ward:

Study while others are sleeping; work while others are loafing; prepare while others are playing; and dream while others are wishing.”

Good afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...