Monday, May 7, 2012

Countless Success and First Breaking Frustration

I WAS NOT EXPECTING THINGS WOULD CRACK OUT THIS WAY!

When I registered my name in the Education Department, I have no reservations that I can make it until the last. I did all my best in each subject and very rewarded to be given high grades virtually in all subjects by the closing of semesters. There are also subjects I attain low grades but you can count it with your fingers. With such account, I graduated as one of the honor students. Yes, not all can do such feat. That honor is not only attached to my name, I share it with my parents. I may not constantly listen to them say it but I am quite certain they are full of pride of me. This is a success.

Right after graduation, I have no plan of getting a job because I made a decision to focus on reviewing for the Licensure Examination for Teachers. However, things transpire if it must and no one can stop it. I was convinced by my classmate Carla to submit a resume in the school she was hired as teacher. On the day I submitted my resume, I was instantaneously hired. Therefore, I had my first teaching experience at APMI and I enjoyed the whole kit and caboodle about it. There are no regrets. I shared the days and nights with teachers that are always on the go, I had educated the best students, I laughed a lot, and most of all I raise the value of the life God has intended for me. It was merely 10 months yet it felt like forever. That is another success.

Six months after my graduation, I took the Licensure Examination for Teachers, September 25, 2011 to be exact. It was a day with combined easy, average, difficult and very difficult questions. The Professional Education questions were easy but the Major Field questions were all mind blowing and it was given in the afternoon, we all had drained half of our brains already. There were too many computations because my Major is Physical Sciences. I tried to calculate all computations and so glad to get similar answer to the options given, however there are those computations I do not even know where originated. While waiting for the results to be disclosed to the public, I sensed uneasiness whenever it came on my thoughts. Although, I am confident that I passed the exam, I am not in terms of getting high rating that is very important in ranking. November 17, 2011 when I received a text message telling the result was released. My initial reaction was to ask if I was in the list and it was confirmed when I saw my name on it. Yeah, that adds to the list of success stories of mine.

I learned that I passed the exam but it does not end there. A week or two passed, we can now verify our ratings through the Professional Regulation Commission’s website. I was just expecting a 75 or 76 rating but what I saw was 80.2 and that is high.

A month later, I was told that there is a ranking going on. My aunt gave me a call and gives me instructions. When the call ends, I weigh things because in that time, I was already enjoying the environment of my workplace and I was not yet ready for public school so I was hesitant. What made me decide to apply for ranking was the statement by my aunt, “Do it for your mom!” Yes, that made things easier; I want to help mom with the expenses. Not only that, the salary I was receiving was not even enough for me. I was actually two days late for the ranking process but there are things that occur behind the stage. Four months later, the result was posted but to my surprise, my name was not on the list. Initially, I sent a text message to my aunt to ask the reasons for the name of the applicant to be not included in the list. She replied with two options, it is either my name was omitted or I failed to receive a rating of 50%. As a calming mechanism, I was reassuring myself that my case was the first but I cannot help it to be afraid. To stop me from guessing, I entered the Promotion Office and asked for my result that was actually not yet posted, it was omitted. That surely makes me cool, calm and collected. Moreover, I fall on Category A that means group of qualified applicants that are first prioritized for vacant items.

Due to that result, one school head from Magarao informed me that her school has vacant item and asked me if I was interested, I said yes. This school head arranged one afternoon to talk with me. She said I needed to get a certificate of good standing at PRC for the reason that it is needed for the approval of the recommendation letter. May 6, 2012, I go to Legaspi to request the required certification but to my dismay, I cannot have it for my license is not yet processed. I refer this matter to my aunt, she told me that maybe I can present any document that will prove I am a so-called licensed teacher. However, around 6:33 PM, she called with her frustrating message. She told me that I would not be recommended if I would not obtain my good standing certificate. She even made a call to the Superintendent and asked if I can supply other document but it was not approved.

That was frustrating and I came to blame the Professional Regulation Commission – Bicol. I was told during my registration that I can claim my license after three months but it has been five months yet it is not yet available. Now, they are telling me I can have it by June.

I have undergone the correct process and have qualified the position. I guess, there is a need to consider that I am a new passer so I cannot provide all the requirements. Just like what my aunt said, I made an effort to obtain it. My point, since I am already in the system maybe they can allow me to submit the paper when my license is released.

Another thing, if I would not get the vacant item I would have to wait for another post again. I am sure that would be for a couple of months and that is a long time of waiting.

Really, this is a complete illustration of the starting line of Mariah Carey’s song “I Wish You Well.”

When glory days turn to stormy night,
You must have been so petrified.

What can I do now? I might just pray that things will work out fine again. I am crossing my fingers, hoping and continuously hoping… I am leaving this thing to the Lord. I am sure He has His plans for me and if this is not yet my time, a better one will eventually be provided for me.

* * *

Wow, this became very long. Thanks for reading this verbose writing. I needed this one, BADLY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...