Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Crossing Fiesta: A Day of Unanticipated Events

A Recap of Previous Post
May 15, 2012 – As I had stated in my last post that I was invited by my friend/co-teacher Diana to celebrate with them as they honor their saint at Crossing, Caranan, Pasacao, Camarines Sur. I also mentioned that I was not sure if I could come since there could be important papers that I have to request or I might be asked to report to the school.

Luckily, on March 14, 2012 while I was still at Malansad, Libmanan where I met Mrs. Nilo, the Officer-in-Charge of the high school, she made a call to her teachers. To make the story short, I was not told to return the next day instead on March 21, 2012 for submission of requirements. That means I can go to Pasacao.

Ate Duday’s Debut Celebration
I arrived in APMI at around 4:30 pm and it was a good feeling to see my social group. We were sharing stories while waiting for other teachers. We went to Pongol to witness the debut celebration of Ate Duday, the youngest daughter of the Dominguez Family. It was fun to see four of my former students. Uninvited, the rain pours heavily as if giving its gift to the birthday girl. Around 7:30 pm, we decided to go because Pat needs to return home.

When Uninvited Events Came In
On the next morning, while waiting for the right time to travel going to Crossing, Caranan I opened my Facebook and Twitter accounts. I played Titres Battle but it bored me very fast. I received an invitation to play Marvels, I tried it, and I liked it. However, I need to stop playing because we had to go. I was thinking there would be more than five of us who would go but we ended up only three. I was with teacher Fe and teacher Jumel; we were the unstoppable, ha-ha. When we arrived, teacher Emz was also there. Diana lets us inside and offers us foods but we had our lunch at school before leaving so we ate a little amount of the rice and viands. I quite liked the salad so much I ate sufficiently.

After eating, we watched the coronation of the Baby King and Baby Queen 2012. Diana was not one of the emcees but she was pulled to do so. The coronations took very long.

Minutes before the coronation ended, the three of us were asked to judge. The competition was about fashion show of dresses made from indigenous and garbage materials. The objective of the event was to show the residents of the Barangay how garbage materials can be used again. We were not actually expecting it. However, a duty was calling. We just did what we thought were right. There were eleven candidates and each had unique clothes design.

It was fun though. Before we leave for APMI, we were asked to eat first. We returned to school with the aid of habal-habal. That is one of the usual modes of transportation in a far barangays, a motorcycle. We were four in a single motorcycle so I am guessing you can picture us. It was a rough road so it adds to the adventure. We traveled for almost 15 minutes and on that position, it was not easy. We were laughing all the way. I was so tired when we arrived.

That was a day full of fun and surprises. My adventures at Pasacao are all memorable. That is why I always wanted to be in that place. That night while I am at bed, I was thinking all the memories I had in APMI. Though I need to say cheerio to this institution, I will still find time to be here again.

I ended up saying I will extend my stay up until Thursday. I was supposed to leave on Wednesday but I want to stay longer. If I leave early, finding time to be at Pasacao will be hard. In the meantime, I am grabbing the opportunity while it is still there and free.

Moreover, at APMI I have a free access to the internet through Wireless Fidelity (WiFi). Ha-ha! At Pili, I need to reload 50 pesos to have a one-day internet service.

Enjoy na, tipid pa! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...