Monday, May 7, 2012

Enough with the 'PROMISES'

MUCH HAS BEEN SAID! :/

“Jerome, you were absent on the wedding ceremony!” This probably was the worst sentence I was thinking I would receive from my social group but I was wide of the mark. This one certainly did: “But you PROMISED…”

For me NOT SHOWING UP on that day, there was a big intention. I really had a plan to go; in fact, I arranged my things prior to the day of departure. However, there are things we declare uninvited and no matter how hard we try to avoid it will find its way to break the assurances made. There are invites we need to drop for another invite, a bigger one.

I was sad and the feelings doubled when that “promise thing” occurred. I opt not to answer the comment but it is not helping and writing this helps me muddle through the sadness, displeasures, blues, regrets, and the like.

If the word SORRY can bring back the time I will say it for a thousand times but unluckily it will not. Therefore, there is no point in insisting.

Perhaps there is no need to reiterating my absence. In one way or another, that is an act of being childlike.

Promise-breaker can be a good description you are considering for me, what can I do? Anyway, I proved them right. Perhaps, I might just bear the title and be it. Hahaha
#BitterNaTuloy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...