Saturday, August 18, 2012

Intramurals 2012


According to the approved school calendar of Malansad Nuevo High School, August 10 and 11, 2012 are the dates we (teachers) are permitted to hold the games/events in outdoor games, indoor games and literary competitions. To break the status quo of year-by-year triumphs of seniors and the ever expected freshmen for being the underdogs, we are united in the idea that students will be grouped into four teams; each team shall have equal number of students from Grade 7 to Fourth Year.

To cut the story short, I and Ma’am Helen are the moderators of Team A, we named our team RED KNIGHTS. The other teams are B (Black Assassins), C (Green Tycoons), and D (Yellow Cab). Looking at the rosters of each team, we speculated that this year’s intramurals will be a match between the KNIGHTS and ASSASSINS. But hey, when I called for our team’s meeting I was beyond surprised with my team members. Most of them are small to play against other teams’ tall players in basketball and volleyball. There is no way we will win in outdoor games for I know the players of other teams.

Forgetting the idea that my team is the smallest, we continued with our planning. It was announced that the moderators will not help in the students’ practice in modern dance, folk dance and cheer dance but I can’t help it. I need to give my time to look for music, dance steps and even render my body in teaching the dance moves. I don’t want my team to end 3rd runner up.

There are many events but there are few players so the two-day activity was not followed, three days are needed. On the first day, outdoor games started, lo and behold, my team is 50-50 in all events. Some were defeated but some were able to win and advanced to the championship match.

Second day was my team’s day. I have in my team the top student in school and I have high hopes that he will win in board games. I am right! Indoor games belong to red knights. Billiards is the only game we came in fourth place in both men and women categories.

On the third day, it was announced that literary competitions will be held on the 18th of August due to lack of time. Good for our team because we can still practice and master all the moves in the dance events. In the afternoon, ranking of teams in the indoor and outdoor games was conducted.

Red Knights manage to rank 3rd in the outdoor games. Black Assassins, Yellow Cab and Green Tycoons ranked 1st, 2nd and 4th respectively. However, in the indoor games, Red Knights are so proud to grab the 1st place. Black Assassins, Yellow Cab and Green Tycoons ranked 2nd, 3rd and 4th respectively.

Looking at the ranking, if it turns out well for us in the literary competition we can rank as high as the overall champion but if not we might receive the 2nd runner up trophy. But at least we are sure that Red Knights won’t be the 3rd runner up, AT LEAST!

We want high rank, I mean I WANT MY TEAM TO BE THE OVERALL CHAMPION that’s why we will utilize the remaining week available for us to master whatever skills are there needed to improve. If we rank 1st in literary competition, it will be the RED KNIGHTS who will brag for being the overall champion. Yeah, we mean CHAMPIONS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...